English | 2021 | ISBN: 1510757945 | 462 pages | True EPUB | 36.94 MB
What might we learn about our own human natures from the friskiness of a young goat, the focus of a hawk, the transformation of a butterfly, or the hibernation of a bear?
How can animals-through their natural and cultural histories-offer us ideas that could help us better understand ourselves, navigate a relationship, or change an aspect of our lives? Do the animals that we admire or fear reveal something about us? What about the animals who appear in our dreams, visions, and creative inspirations? These are some of the questions addressed inThe Inner Zoo: A Field Guide to the Meaning of Animals & the Insights They Offer Us.
You can useThe Inner Zoo:
* to explore yourself through animals
* to approach animals as teachers and guides
* to explore the possible meaning of animal encounters
* to connect with animals through their natural and cultural histories
* as an animal symbolism dictionary
* as an idea generator and creativity tool
By exploring animal biology and behavior, as well as the cultural roles that animals play in symbolism, mythology, and traditions,The Inner Zooinvites you to approach animals as a source of provocative ideas that can lead to self-discovery and a deeper sense of connection with the more-than-human world.